We provide day-to-day advice on an extensive range of employment law issues and draft and review employment contracts and policies.
We regularly appear for employers and employees before all civil and criminal jurisdictions as well as disciplinary committees in matters involving unfair dismissal and payment of compensation, pensions, reduction of workforce, breach of confidentiality, privacy and data protection issues and occupational health and safety requirements. The set offers advocates at all levels of experience to meet clients’ needs.
We have developed a sophisticated knowledge of employment law and have been instructed in the following matters:
- Dispute on whether payment of statutory severance allowance can be subject to the terms of an employment contract (Privy Council decision)
- Determination whether compensation for unfair dismissal, other than severance allowance, should be net of tax
- Dispute on whether a monthly payment to a former employee necessarily amounted to an agreed pension
- Dispute over the existence of a joint employment by various entities
- Compliance with statutory procedure for reduction of workforce and eligibility for benefits under the Workfare Programme
- Dispute on whether the use of personal email at work in breach of the employer’s policy amounts to breach of confidentiality
- Advice on the right of the employer to access information on an employee’s email inbox and computer