We are reputed for our expertise on the full spectrum of financial services and in-depth knowledge of the regulatory and compliance landscape. We provide business-oriented legal advice on corporate structuring, capital raising and financial product offerings.
We also regularly represent international and local players in the capital markets in the development and execution of their most critical financing strategies through a range of securities offerings, including equity, equity-linked and debt securities.
We provide innovative solutions to buy-side entities, financial advisors, target companies, shareholders and boards of directors in a variety of insurance transactions, including share transfers, mergers and acquisitions, asset transfers, transfers of insurance risk and restructurings.
We have advised on:
- The cross-border restructuring of collective investment schemes to comply with the Alternative Investment Fund Managers EU Directive
- The first Eurobond and credit-linked note listings in Mauritius, proposing in both cases changes to the existing rules to facilitate the listings
- A qualifying exit to a major private equity firm through the amalgamation of two real estate focused companies through an amalgamation of their business and the listing of the amalgamated company
- The first listing in Mauritius of a USD 500m closed-end fund investing in real estate projects in India
- The amalgamation of two insurance companies, including the management of the regulatory, operational and business risks associated with the transfer of assets, especially the client portfolio
- The setting up of the first private pension scheme under a new law, proposing changes to the related governance rules to meet industry concerns