Benoit Chambers is largely renowned for having acted on the largest and most complex transactions involving the Mauritian jurisdiction. We have a reputation for developing bespoke, creative and innovative solutions to suit our clients’ needs.
We are instructed on traditional loan financing, project finance, leveraged and acquisition financing, derivatives, structured products and securitisations. We have also advised on sophisticated inter-creditor and security sharing arrangements.
We act for leading financial, commercial and industry players, banks, sponsors or investors at every stage of a project’s development and its financing, and hence have a broad view of the market needs.
As well as pioneering securitisations in Mauritius, our work has included:
- An innovative and bespoke solution for the first-ever financial restructuring of a public-listed Mauritian company involving multiple financial institutions and assets situated in several jurisdictions
- The debt refinancing and restructuring of complex cross-border and high-value investment grade financings, ensuring seamless security cover
- The creation of complex security arrangements including the grant of security interests over future or contingent debt represented by the uncalled capital of investors in fund entities
- Representing foreign institutional investors in the debt funding of a portion of the regulatory capital of the two largest public-listed local banks
- The development, implementation and financing by syndicates of lenders of the first sugar refineries in Mauritius
- Devising a novel ownership and operation structure for a power generation project, ensuring industrial and commercial consumers directly avail themselves of the output of the power plant