The set supports leading global and local players through all stages of their transactions in Mauritius and Africa by combining transactional expertise with valuable experience in areas like employment, competition, intellectual property and tax law.
We deliver practical and effective solutions to meet the needs of global and local funds and their managers across the full range of investment vehicles and asset classes.
We have also developed in-depth restructuring and insolvency expertise and are retained by banks, financial investors, insolvency practitioners, corporate debtors and their officers in complex local and cross-border administrations, receiverships and liquidations.
We have advised on:
- Acquisitions and joint ventures locally and in Africa primarily in the insurance, agriculture and energy sectors
- Local and cross-border schemes of arrangement ensuring a seamless transfer of assets and liabilities of insurance companies and banks especially, proposing in the latter case changes to the existing laws to facilitate the transfer
- Real estate projects in Western Africa, proposing in one case changes to the local laws
- The setting up by one of the largest global alternative asset managers of its USD 700m maiden private equity fund investing in sub-Saharan Africa
- The closing, by a Mumbai based private equity firm, of an India fund of USD 500m targeting markets including financial and business services, pharmaceuticals, healthcare and agriculture
- Debt restructuring and rescheduling, capital raising and restructuring, investigations, insolvency litigation, formal insolvency procedures and contingency planning in a wide range of industry sectors